Theme: New Opportunities in Malaysia's Minerals Industry
Venue: Magellan Wing, Sutera Harbour Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Date: 3-5 July 2003
- To present the various new opportunities in developing the countryâ€™s minerals resources.
- To present the future strategic direction on the way forward for the revitalisation of Malaysiaâ€™s minerals industry.
- To address the various issues and problems in the development of the nationâ€™s minerals resources industry.
- To foster closer interaction and networking between officials of the minerals industry and the government authorities responsible for minerals resource development.
- Mineral Development in Sabah: Opportunities
by En. Ismail bin Abdullah, Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Industrial Development Sabah
- Mineral Development Opportunities in Perak
by Ir. Muhammad Hafni Ibrahim, Director,
Industrial Promotion & Development Division,
Perak State Economic Development Corporation
- Incentives and Investment Opportunities in the Minerals Industry
Mr. P. Kalaiyappan, Director, Textiles and Minerals Division
Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA)
- New Findings
by Dr. Chu Ling Heng, Director-General,
Minerals and Geoscience Department, Malaysia
- The New Vision: Getting the Minerals Industry Moving Again
by Datoâ€™ Mohd. Ajib Hj. Anuar, President,
Malaysian Chamber of Mines
An optional half-day field trip to a cement plant, a quarry site and a silica sand processing operation around Kota Kinabalu was organised for Seminar participants and was held on Saturday, 5th July 2003.